Wednesday, November 28, 2007

When Siblings Attack!

The picture below was taken just after Lily pulled Cassidy's hair. Check out that pitiful face!!!
Although we chastised Lily, it's hard to feel REALLY sorry for Cassidy as she normally is the attacker and Lily is the victim. Half of the time, Cassidy is the model big sister, hugging, kissing, and caressing her sister, playing with her, sharing her toys, and making her laugh; but the rest of the time she is trying to wrestle Lily, pinning her to the ground with the full weight of her body, snatching toys away from her and yelling "No, Lily, that's mine!", "helping" Lily roll over, or hitting her! On Monday as I was fixing dinner in the kitchen, I actually heard her in the living room say, "I'm going to smack you in the face." Fortunately, Mommy was able to intervene before the attack was actually launched! Oh well - I guess it's just all part of being sisters. And, I must admit, Lily rarely seems to mind Cassidy's aggression. She is so thrilled to have Cassidy's attention, it doesn't matter what form that attention takes!
Another story - earlier the same evening, I was holding Lily and standing near the fireplace as I hung an ornament on our tree. Lily grabbed one of the stockings and pulled it AND the heavy metal stocking holder off the mantle and it crash landed on the marble fireplace below. "Lily, NO!" I exclaimed in surprise. Cassidy immediately piped up, "Does Lily need to go to the pack-n-play?" (Cassidy is sent to the pack-n-play when she misbehaves!)

1 comment:

Criss said...

Thanks for the laugh today! I needed that!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...