Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Lily's Birthday

Yesterday, we had some friends come to play for Lily's birthday. We first played outside in the pool, on the slip-n-slide, and on the swing set and then moved indoors when the heat became unbearable. Aunt Jessie, Will, Sydney, Jake, Miss Caroline, Cole, Keeley, Miss Yadi, and Anya were able to join us for our day of fun. I made homemade pizzas for lunch and then we all enjoyed some birthday cake. All in all, a very relaxed and fun day for Miss Lily Anne!

Lily and Jake playing blocks. She took his hand and said, "Come on Jake. Let's do it!" She LOVES him and was so excited that they got to play!

Cassidy, Lily, and Sydney had a princess tea party.

Lily's Cake

I had an icing fiasco while I was making it...the flowers that I was trying to make in icing all over the cake were literally melting off before I could rush the cake back to the freezer to cool. So at 6:45 p.m. on Sunday I went flying out the door to Michaels to try and get something to salvage the cake. I was hoping for some pretty premade sugar flowers, but all they had were the Tinkerbell candies and some colored sugar sprinkles. I was disappointed, but Lily loved it so I guess that's all that matters! :)

Happy Birthday to You...

One Happy Girl

She was so pleased that everyone was singing to her!

She had a little trouble blowing out the candle. :)

Opening birthday presents...yes, they are wrapped in Christmas paper!

A Bear in the Big Blue House cup with a straw

Cassidy was helping.

She was not particularly interested in the Tinkerbell costume we got her...go figure!

She was WAY more excited about the Bear cup that cost all of about 50 cents! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...