Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Babies, Bikes, and Clothes

This has been a wild week for our family. Monday evening we got the call that my sister, Heather, had gone into labor. My parents and I flew to Greenville to be with her and Bailey, her husband, eager to meet baby Jordan. We were unable to meet him that night...he was having trouble breathing and spent the next 5 days in the NICU. We are so thankful that God is our sufficiency...He healed our sweet baby and Jordan was finally able to come home with a VERY excited mom and dad yesterday. Joey and I will take the kids to meet him next weekend...I cannot wait to get my hands on him! :)
Jordan Jacob Pope
8 pounds, 5 ounces
21 inches
This week also marked the end of my sewing class. I finished Lily's ECU dress - except for the shoulder buttons - and I have embroidered several pieces of baby clothing for Finny and Jordan. Pictures of my handiwork are below...although I take VERY little credit...the machine does most of the work...that's MY kind of sewing!!! :)

Finn's 1st Monkey Shirt...one of many, I'm sure...I love monkeys! :)
A Pirate onesie for Jordan
(I had just finished it when we got the call that Heather was about to push. I was SO excited to be able to give it to him that night!)
The Kids Exchanage consignment sale also happened to fall this week. I volunteered today so that I could shop first on Wednesday evening. The girls asked for bikes for their birthdays, so I wanted to make sure I got first choice from the Kids Exchange selection. Cassidy wanted Barbie and Lily wanted Disney Princesses (specifically she wanted Snow White, but was thrilled when she got a bike with 4 princesses). We've had such fun playing outside despite the scorching heat and they girls love practicing their riding skills. We'll make a trip to the 1/2 price day at the consignment sale to try to grab some discounted helmets...Joey won't let us leave the driveway until we do! :)

Lily on her Disney Princess bike

Her face was priceless that morning when she came downstairs and discovered her new bike...with tassels!!!

Cassidy happily posing on her Barbie bike

"It's just what I wanted!" she squealed happily. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...