Sunday, December 11, 2011

Portraits

Since Cassidy was a baby I've been faithful about taking the kids every year to get their portait made for their birthday...but in the business of this fall I'd fallen down on the job. Earlier this week Joey insisted that I schedule an appointment for Cassidy and Finn "before they don't look like a 6-year-old and 2-year-old anymore!"

Cassidy asked me to put her hair in a bun for her pictures. Normally I'd say NO...her hair is just so lovely...but actually I'd had the same idea this year. Just in the last year she's started letting me pull her hair into a ponytail or bun sometimes and each time I do it takes my breath away. Without those mountains of strawberry blond curls drawing your attention, you really get a chance to see just how lovely her features are...her startlingly blue eyes, her smattering of freckles, her soft, pink lips, her smooth peaches and cream skin, and her eyelashes that go on for miles. I love that the focus shifted and we captured my girl in a new light.










I tried to talk up picture day to Finn...and he promised he would cooperate and smile for the camera. And he did cooperate beautifully, listening to directions and staying still. The photographer tickled, made silly faces, and all but turned flips for him trying to get a toothy grin, but all she got was his sweet, closed-mouth smirk. I think she was a bit baffled, but she has NO idea how great it was that she got a little smile out of him and not his serious Finny stink-eye. :)










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...