Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sunset Beach 2014

BEST VACATION EVER! Which is what I say about every trip we take as a family, but seriously this was the absolute best! For my monkeys, so that you will be able to read my memories, here's my Facebook posts from the week...I don't think I could rewrite them any better:

"Boogie boarding, playing on the beach in the rain, bunk bed slumber parties, late nights with lots of laughter, new nicknames (Q-Squared!), evening swims, sparklers, cartwheels (both the one-handed AND two-handed variety) and pitiful attempts at round-offs in the sand, movie nights with a big bowl of popcorn, root bear, and a cozy blanket...that's what my favorite week of the year is made of!"

"Added to my list of favorites from this week: exploring tide pools on our tummies, babies melted into your chest taking a seaside snooze, sand mermaids and manatees, big sisters and brothers showing a little extra love to the little ones, toddlers falling asleep at the dinner table, capturing tiny marine creatures and keeping them in buckets..."

" ...ice cream for dinner, free movie rentals from the Island Market, and getting to watch the Food Network (which we haven't had in 2 years since we cut off our cable)... "

"One of Joey's best ideas ever? A family beach trip this week! I must admit I wasn't completely sold what with the never-ending TO DO list waiting for us at home and the expenses associated with it...but THIS WEEK is exactly what our family needed. It felt so good to say "yes" more than "no" and to do WHAT we wanted WHEN we wanted...even if that meant dinner at 9:00 p.m. because we played on the beach until dark. I can't remember the last time I felt this relaxed and fully present for my husband and kids...and I even scored 30 minutes of uninterrupted boogie boarding yesterday! I am sad to leave tomorrow, but also overwhelmingly thankful for this time together. Thank you for making it happen, Joey! I love you!!!"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...