Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What I Still Know to be True

Despite all the changes and challenges that we each face every day, I still know this to be true:

"...our sufficiency is of God." (II Corinthians 3:5)

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid..." (Isaiah 12:2)

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

"Nay in all these things we are more than conquerers through him that loved us." (Romans 8:37)

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (I Timothy 1:7)

"...for with God nothing shall be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippeans 4:13)

"Now unto Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." (Ephesians 3:20)

How wonderful it is to know that I don't have to rely on my own abilities or those of my family, freinds, community, or government. God is my sufficiency, my all in all. It gives me great comfort and peace to know that I need nothing but Him, and as I keep my focus on Him and his Word my needs will be met "exceeding abundantly above" all that I could ask or think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...