Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day for our family was spent at home...in our PJ's. There were two reasons for our lack of proper daytime attire: 1) we were all tired from a long week and 2) I caught Joey's nasty cold - complete with sore throat, headache, and cough - so all I felt like doing was laying in bed. Regardless, any day when I can lay around in my PJ's with my family is pretty good in my book!

Joey and the girls made me a special Mother's Day breakfast that included eggs, bacon, carrot cake muffins, and fresh squeezed lemonade. Most of the breakfast details were Cassidy's idea and she insisted that they bring it to me in bed. (She actually yelled at me to get back in bed when I got up to get Lily out of her room that morning!) The food was really yummy, especially since it was served with love!

The girls serving me my breakfast in bed along with a special banner and card.

It was a message/music card, so we are listening to it. There were some gift cards to baby stores inside...according to Joey, the new baby has expensive taste! Too bad most of his/her stuff will actually come from the Kids Exchange Consignment sale! :)

Hormonal pregnant lady + Message card with her kids saying "I love you, Mommy! Happy Mother's Day!" = TEARS

And, no...once I started crying, I had a hard time stopping. Darn you, pregnancy hormones!
(And the girls are giving me the "What's wrong with you? We didn't spit on your breakfast!" look!)

1 comment:

Criss said...

Aww, that is so very sweet! It even choked me up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...