Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Our Soggy Halloween

It was rainy and cold for trick-or-treating last night. Joey wanted to skip it and let the kids trick-or-treat from room to room in our house, but the monkeys were beside themselves to go around the neighborhood in their costumes so off we went. The kids had it made...Cassidy and Lily were in the jogging stroller and Finn was in our regular stroller covered by a canopy and snuggled under warm, fuzzy blankets. Joey and I were soaked to the bone. I didn't take any pictures because I was afraid of killing the camera, but we will NEVER forget the fun of last night. The girls were so pleased with themselves in their costumes and Finn was a riot! Once he realized WHAT we were doing ("I GET TREATS!!!") he would start to leap out of the stroller before I had even unhooked the lap bar, grab his pumpkin from my hand ("Give me my fing, Mommy!"), run up the sidewalk and steps, dance excitedly in front of the door until someone opened it, and then would scream "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" at them. We'd load them all back up to go to the next house and he would giggle and chatter to himself the whole time. Joey and I spent most of the evening cracking up at his antics...PRICELESS!!!

I did manage to snap a few pics of the kids before we left the house...

Lily as Belle, Cassidy as The Great Mouse Detective, and Finn with no costume...yet. :)

Sweet Sisters
(They were pretending that Belle and The Great Mouse Detective were getting married.)

LOVE these sweet babies!

Lily almost froze to death in her Belle costume. And then with 3 houses to go, she had to pee. We made it to two more before I had to race home with her...and then strip her tights and undies off and let her pee in the backyard because Joey had the house keys! :)

She did look lovely, though...and Daddy even consented to let her wear a little lip gloss. :)

I may have mentioned that Cassidy announced about a week ago that she was going to be a detective. It wasn't until just a couple of days ago, though, that I realized that she was The Great Mouse Detective. We threw her costume together in a matter of minutes...my black dress coat, Joey's UNCW derby hat, and eyeliner nose and whiskers. She wouldn't let me make her mouse ears...she said she already HAD ears!

She looked absolutely adorable in the hat, which she wore cock-eyed the whole night! :)

Joey made her a paper magnifying glass...that lasted about 10 seconds in the rain! :)

Everyone in costume

READY FOR CANDY!!!

World's Cutest Duck!

By the end of the evening, that duck head was soaking wet and twice as heavy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...